The Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) is a worldwide network, try founded in 2008, to enhance the science and practical application of ecosystem services. To facilitate the needed dialogue between scientists, policy makers and practitioners ESP organises an annual international conference in different parts of the world.
The 8th World ESP conference will be held in South Africa from 9-13 November 2015.
The central theme is ‘Ecosystem Services for Nature, People and Prosperity’. The conference will pay special attention to the public and private sector dialogue on how the ecosystem services concept can be used to support conservation, improve livelihoods and engage the business community. ESP8 will provide an excellent platform to engage with experts who can generate solutions to these challenges and start making a difference in practice.
The conference will be held in South Africa from 9-13 November 2015 and is hosted at a very special location: Spier Wine farm and Conference Centre in Stellenbosch. See location section for more information.
This is an overview of the current status of events in the run-up to the conference:
- We received over 50 workshop proposals, currently 35 workshops have been accepted. Many are open to submit voluntary contributions to (oral presentations or posters).
- The call for abstracts opened 8 May. You are now able to upload your abstract through the online abstract submission form.
- The deadline for the call for abstracts is 30 June.
- The deadline for the call for posters will close 31 July .
- All abstract submitters will be informed about their acceptance before August 15.
- Registration is now possible.
- Early Bird registration will close 31 August. Registration is possible until 31 October.
- We offer several ways of (online) payment: Paypal, credit card, IDEAL and bank transfer.